Saturday, December 25, 2010

golden moons and marzipan


I cant wait to put up pictures of Norway!
I will tonight when I get home. I have been spending the last day, and last night, with Marianne. Today I woke up at 11:30 which wasnt hard considering the sun rose at 9:20 and it will set at 3:15. Tomorrow I'm going to go watch the sunrise from the opera building. marianne will take me. then we will hang out. and then watch the sunset from the opera building. I'm really excited. the moon will rise at 6 pm maybe I can catch that too, but its difficult to be out at night because its so cold, and so dark (it felt like 11 pm). Last night I saw the most amazing moon. it was huge, and GOLDEN. the sky was so crisp and everything was so clear and the snow was sparkling and it was so silent and peaceful. I love the moon. I love how its constantly changing, i think its so exciting to look for the moon at night and see what phase its in. its like a surprise every night. (but if i actually was paying attention i could easily predict what phase it was in ). um, anyway, Now im in Mariannes house and she is making me rice porridge which apparently is typical for christmas lunch! Ill probably hang out here for a few more hours, and then head home.

OH!!! i'm going to the munch museum!!! tomorrow! super excited.

ok im going to go eat marzipan and drink some tea now :)
merry christmas!
god jul! (merry christmas in norwegian)

these are pictures from the walk in the statue park today:
i loved this statue but they looked SO COLD!

so beautiful. you'd never see a statue like that in the states.




















No comments:

Post a Comment