Sunday, December 26, 2010

fitting in

Trish lives in what I would call the "arab quarter" of Oslo. Lots of brown immigrants. So I fit in great...
One plus of living in this area is having a lot of delicious food around me. I can smell curry from the sidewalk in front of her house. I should go eat some if its not over 10 euro (which it probably will be considering how ridiculously expensive it is here.) I might just have to settle for some muesli (granola).

so i wore 2 layers of wool socks today, i found long johns that a havent taken off for over a day now. i wore 6 layers on top (including my fleece and coat, and leggings over the long johns, gloves, 2 scarves (one thin, and one giant one over it, and a beanie. i could hardly move.

bundled up


I went to watch the sunrise today, and i trespassed on the opera house (dont know why there were no respassing signs, i thought it was allowed so i ignored them) and i got there late, becuse it was broad daylight, but i still couldnt see the sun because 1. it was mostly cloudy and 2. it was coming up from behind a MOUNTAIN...so i waited for an hour and the sun was being really slow, and i never saw it come out from behind the mountain so it was a bit anti climactic. now i am going to go eat something and then go to the munch museum.

opera house





frozen ocean



this reminds me of one of my enclosures projects from arch. school

oslo and the opera house

the sun was supposed to come up over the mountain on the right

cozy in the snow

glass sculpture that looks like an ice berg

snow

oslo

more frozen ocean water

No comments:

Post a Comment