Saturday, October 9, 2010

my room

*had some hideous drapes covering the door that goes into another girl's room. I took them off because they were hideous, also because they made the room look smaller. I discovered a really pretty door nob.

*has a space heater
*has 2 outlets a phone/internet connection and a tv and radio (?) plug.
*we have wifi and thats what i'm using now
*comes with a light switch and a over head light on the ceiling. but its not working...
*i get my own bathroom. its tiny, there is no mirror above the sink, nearly no storage, and the shower has no curtain (should i buy one?)
* I have a lot of closet space, though its not in my room its in the hallway.
* I have a window that looks into a interior courtyard/light well its a pretty ugly view.
*the window has this exterior shading device that is like blinds and i control it from the inside. I opened them, but have no idea how to close them...

over all i really like the house. its very big (even though my room is not, but its enough room to sleep in) frank lloyd wright used to make bedrooms very small and almost uncomfortable so as to encourage more time together as a family in the spaceous, comfortable, light filled common rooms (dining room, living room etc). mines the only small room though. so hopefully the girls wont all be in their rooms all the time. I dont think they will be. they seem very sociable and friends and friendly.

i will be posting images soon

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, i love how your closet is in the hallway. Also the exterior blinds to your window is for when you come home at 6 in the morning and you don't want the sun to wake you up! hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totaly megan! they are BLACK-OUT blinds. they're great. i wish i had a screen though on my window so i could open the window and not be eaten up by mosquitos

    ReplyDelete