Monday, October 18, 2010

ART NOUVEAU

I am experiencing an art nouveau renaissance. Even though i'm in Madrid, this recent peak of interest is most likely coming from all the Gaudi vibes from Barcelona. I love GUSTAV KLIMT. I have a poster of one of his paintings in my room. its called "the kiss". its not my favorite piece by him, but i get a really great feeling everytime i see it. {side note: I also have this poster in my room which is also art nouveau. }
image from http://ollosdemarzal.blogspot.com/
Before Spain was a democracy like it is today, it was a dictatorship by Franco, before Franco it was called the Republic of Spain and the flag was red yellow and purple!so pretty! this image was the national image for the Republica EspaƱola.
back to art nouveau, i'm going to be a freak and just put some images of my favorite Klimt paintings

this is the detail zoom (and my favorite part) of "three ages of women"
this is the full image of "three ages of women" it disturbs me, doesnt have the same peacefulness as just the clip. haha.
I think this is my favorite one: Water Snakes II

look at how gorgeous the detail is on this zoom from "water snakes II"



adele bloch bauer

Friederike-Maria Beer

Lady with fan

i LOVE this one! Its called Stoclet Frieze. just look at the contrast of emotions from the couple to the right and the lady on the left

Danaƫ

judith with the head of holofernes. i love how regal she looks


 I also love the way he portrays nature, he captures the essence of the place so well, i feel like i can almost smell it!


all klimt photos found from http://www.iklimt.com/

I really want to explore Eastern Europe. Eastern Europe/the Balkans have always been very  attractive to me, it seems so dark and mysterious and so THICK with history and secrets and culture. also, i love accordions. haha. which i associate with Eastern Europe. (the band Beirut is one of my favorites and it sounds very Eastern European to me) i took a Folk Music of the Balkans class in college once, and really found it fascinating. (i was the only non music major student in the class, and it was very hard because it was so different than any other class i had taken, i dont know how to take academic music classes). I plan on going to this museum in the upcoming weekends when i can make a trip to Salamanca. and i'm DEFINITELY going here. Mucha was another art nouveau artist, its just SO romantic and rich and ethereal. i adore it.

ok...so there is my random rant about art nouveau. if you read all of it. well done! and if you enjoyed it, thats even cooler.

love and miss you all!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment