Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Improvements at school

I'll update this later today but
i talked to my coordinator about the evil art teacher and they were very understanding and even empathized because they have had problems working with her in the past too! and the other conversation assistants have TOO! so, i dont know WHY they put me in 10 classes with her. They are changing my schedule a bit so I can work with some other teachers too. Natalia (the evil art teacher) isnt good at incorporating the assistants so I have to try extra hard to help out and be useful. I also have to be extra prepared with a bunch of different ideas at all times so that when she randomely does something (whcih she often does because she has NO plan for any class she just wings it and she is SO INEFFICIENT WITH TIME SHE JUST SCREAMS AT THE STUDENTS THE ENTIRE TIME) I can be prepared with a list of things and see which one i can contribute at that time.

i'm VERY excited for the art classes that I teach with the good teachers who are letting me teach the whole thing since they KNOW they dont knwo how to.
starting with the color wheel next week and shading/gradations

then doing a halloween crafts project

then doing a picasso head project that will be accompanied by a little picasso lesson (and i might do some of the following too: Velazquez,  gaudi,  el greco, miro, dali) with a little bio and also a relevant project.

they will do a logo project with their innitials

a dream home projects

and a project pertaining to some sort of clothing design.

my main goal is to show them the different ways art can go. and have them work in 3d, as well as design things, and also painting, coloring etc.

anyway i have to go to school now. will update in a bit.
xo

1 comment: