Saturday, May 14, 2011

moonset

I didnt have a camera on me unfortunately
that night. But I found this picture online
and it looks very similar, and whats funny
is that the photo is from Oregon :)

Early Thursday morning I saw the most incredible moonset. It was a really warm night and I was walking home with friends and suddenly I saw this BIG bright orangish-red perfect half-moon hanging low in the sky. And you know how much I love the moon. I was by the palace, which means, I was on somewhat of a hill and had a view of the horizon where the moon was moving towards. It was a stunning sight and we stopped and watched it slowly disappear from our sky, and I wondered if there was someone in some other country watching the moon rise at that moment. I keep on thinking about that moon, and that sight, and the warmth and smell of the night, and witnessing the earth turning and the moon orbiting and knowing that tomorrow is coming, and I think maybe I'll stay up late and watch the moonset again tonight.

[I luckily found a video online of a very similar moonset  if you'd like to see]

No comments:

Post a Comment