Tuesday, May 10, 2011

fleeting


this year has gone by so fast, and i feel like, since april, things have been going even faster. I thought elena moving out really made me realize  that, and appreciate everything while it lasted, and understood that it was all going to be gone someday...but what i didnt realize was that while losing elena was difficult, i was compensating for it subconsciously by getting very comfortable in my home, in my room, my apartment, on my street, in my corner of madrid...every day i'd walk across paseo de la florida and take in the view of the gorgeous palace that reminded me where I was, and instead of it reminding me to live everyday in the present, I began to get used to it, and i began to kind of, settle down, and get comfortable. I thought maybe the living situation would be a 2 year thing, that next year the girls would want to extend the lease, and i could keep my place.

i was wrong, but i'm kind of glad.

the world has decided to remind me again, of its fleeting nature, and due to an (un)fortunate (wont know until we see the outcome) series of events, i have to move from my flat by the end of may.

this is because eva, who is 30 something has decided she wants to live alone, apparently, its a contageous desire because now, laura (who is also 30 something) wants to live alone. and they are both moving out at the end of may. and also, they own all the furniture in the house...so me and carla also have to move. by the end of may.

so...i am moving back to elenas apartment (there is some drama involving elena's cruel room mate, but its all going to be ok)...

I have to pack up my things a month earlier than i thought (luckily not much) and i will either get a storage unit for the summer, or see if i can maybe leave a few things at a friends house. i will just keep with me a suitcase of the clothes/things i'll need for summertime. maybe going through this now will be easier when in june, as everything else is wrapping up, i dont have to pack ontop of everything else... everything will be squared away by then. and on july 1 my travels begin, and i dont have to stress out before trying to tie up loose ends. in the end i know everything will be ok. i'm fortunate enough to have good friends in my life, 2 arms and 2 legs, enough money, and a wonderful family. and what doesnt kill you will make you stronger.

things have really come full circle. my first month in madrid was spent in elenas apartment, and now, my last month in Madrid (until next year) will be spent in the same apartment. i'm not sure if the end of the year is ending on a good note or on a bad note. either way, i cant wait for the summer, to finish work, to see my sister, to travel and see friends and family. and then to go back HOME to gorgeous california, go to iran for my cousin's wedding, and i know ALL THAT will come and go before i know what hit me...and i'll be back in madrid at the end of september, for MADRID: THE SEQUEL. until then, i guess i'll just remind myself everyday, to never get too comfortable, you never know what might happen the next day, dont take ANYTHING for granted (not even your commute to work, because leaving this apartment is going to make mine a lot lamer) and just live everyday as best as you can, and as happily as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment