Friday, May 20, 2011

a remedy and nomadism


I was attacked by another mosquito last night in my sleep. I have 5 bites on my right arm alone. I dont know how people survive in the summertime here, its too hot to keep the windows closed, and the mosquitoes are too vicious to leave the windows open -and no,  they dont have window screens here. i have no idea why. which brings me to the obvious conclusion that I need to begin importing easily-operable window screens to Spain. the screens need to be easily operable because Spaniards hang laundry out the windows on lines to dry. and they DEFINITELY need them to beat the heat and mosquitoes in the summer. I am confident that this will result in me becoming a billionaire.

oh, i forgot to MENTION something AMAZING! Tea tree oil  is a mosquito bite CURE! I have the worst reactions to mosquito bites, they swell up huge, and turn red, and itch LIKE CRAZY. It's not normal, when people see them, they think it's a spider bit or something way worse than a mosquito. But today, I looked up at home remedies for mosquito bites here and there are many recommendations, I just happened to have tea tree oil, and believe in its healing powers greatly (gets rid of zits like magic!) and so I put some on all FIVE bites, and it's almost as if I never was even bit! The puffiness went down, and I don't itch at all! I'm thrilled :)

Today is Friday, and I'm continuing to pack up my things and store them in various places in Madrid (I feel like a squirrel burying nuts in the ground for safe keeping during the Winter) because I need to be out of this apartment by May 30th, and so I've decided I'm just going to pack up and store all my stuff {save, one suitcase to last me} from June 1 to September 20 when I will return to Madrid after an insane Summer of traveling around Europe, on the U.S.A's West Coast, and IRAN! Hopefully I can quickly find myself a nice apartment upon my return and collect all my belongings and have another amazing year working and living in Madrid.

But before I get too excited thinking about the summer, I still have one more month of work. I was super stressed out about a week ago because I knew that I was going to have to ask for help in June. It really bothers me when I have to be dependent on other people {excluding my immediate family}. I don't like having to ask for favors, it just makes my soul die. But, I'm so fortunate that I have such wonderful friends, who I CAN ask for favors, and in desperate times I know will be there for me. So, for the next month I'll be crashing on 3 {very kind} friends' couches around Madrid.
Let the nomadism begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment