Saturday, January 1, 2011

note the date ^ {its 1/1/11}



It's 1/1/11! That's pretty cool, I think. {1/11/11 will be fun too. So will 11/11/11. And 11/1/11, [thank you Ale:) ] }

Ok so the POINT is: 1/1/11= new year= new hopes, new dreams, new goals, new people, new places. I feel this quote is perfect for this day, to set the tone for the coming year ::


**I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily...**
-Thoreau

{Im starting to re-read Emerson's Nature, Thoreau's Civil Disobedience and Walden...oh boy}

Really, everyday is the completion of a year. And everyday is a new year [from a year ago..haha. Follow?] It's just that we don't celebrate everyday because everyday is not super notable... maybe using Thoreau's wise words, this year we can make many notable days and celebrate their year anniversaries forever.

1 comment: