Tuesday, November 16, 2010

still no internet

starting to feel violent about the whole thing. Its ridiculous the sequence of events that have left me without internet for nearly 3 weeks... on a brighter note, I had SUCH a good time though this weekend that i just had to write about it:

This weekend I went to Chatel, France (a tiny village in the French Alps just outside Geneva). I stayed in an ADORABLE chalet with my dear dear cousin Asal, and 14 of her friends to celebrate her 30th birthday!! I love Asal! And all her friends! She and I are so similar and its ridiculous because we have probably seen each other less than 10 times in our lives. And live across the world from each other and still have so much in common. We just saw each other and it felt like we were best friends since birth. Her friends are all amazing, smart, lovely, FUNNY people. You know how I am about people who make me laugh. We spent all weekend just laughing, drinking, and eating (delicious food). It felt like a dream, and EVERYONE was depressed when it was over and we had to return to reality. I was an idiot and hardly took pictures, so I need to get people to send me some. I'd say my highlight of the weekend was the giant loaf of bread that was taller than me (and wider)...and probably heavier. Ok another highlight was the cheese fondue...

to summarize though, i love asal, to PIECES. i cant wait to see her again. i love being so close to family here, just being able to pick up and visit them for the weekend. this is a luxury i never was able to do growing up in the unites states, isolated from everyone, so i'm really really enjoying it now.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment